ADAM W. BARNEY
Adam’s practice focuses on a variety of complex commercial litigation matters. Adam advises clients in pre-litigation resolution and strategy and represents clients in all aspects of litigation in state and federal courts, as well as in arbitration forums.
Adam represents clients in contractual disputes, including disputes between members and owners of companies, as well as in claims for breach of fiduciary obligations. Adam also represents franchisors and franchisees in franchise relationship disputes pertaining to franchise agreements, the Lanham Act, and other various state and federal laws that relate to franchise relationships, including the Nebraska Franchise Practices Act. He also has significant experience in advising clients with respect to real and intellectual property disputes, including representation of both governmental entities and landowners in eminent domain proceedings.
Adam also represents clients in disputes involving financial instruments and securities, including FINRA arbitrations, and advises and represents clients on trade secret and non-competition matters in the securities industry and other industries.
Admitted to Practice:
United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
University of Nebraska, J.D., with highest distinction, 2010
University of Nebraska, B.S., with high distinction, 2007
- Listed: Best Lawyers (Commercial Litigation Ones To Watch)
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Business Litigation Rising Star)
- Member, Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court, 2010-present
- Executive Editor, Nebraska Law Review, 2008-2009
- Order of the Coif
- Published: "The Quagmire of the State Income Tax Nexus in the Wake of KFC v. Iowa Dep't of Revenue," American Bar Association Franchise Law Journal, Winter 2012