JAMES M. BAUSCH
Jim has tried a broad range of civil cases in many of the substantive areas in which the firm practices, including complex commercial and general business disputes, disputes involving intellectual property, insurance coverage disputes, shareholder disputes and class actions, securities litigation and arbitrations, tax cases, and professional liability claims.
Admitted to Practice:
United States District Court for the District of Nebraska
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Tax Court
United States Supreme Court
New York University, LL.M.
Creighton University, J.D.
Creighton University, B.S.B.A.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Associate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Listed: Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/ White, Inc.) (Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Intellectual Property, Litigation-Real Estate, Litigation-Securities, Arbitration)
- Named: Best Lawyers' 2018 Litigation-Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year for Omaha
- Named: Best Lawyers' 2017 Bet-the-Company Litigation Lawyer of the Year for Omaha
- Named: Best Lawyers' 2016 Litigation-Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year for Omaha
- Named: Best Lawyers' 2014 Litigation-Real Estate Lawyer of the Year for Omaha
- Named: Best Lawyers' 2013 Arbitration Lawyer of the Year for Omaha
- Listed: Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business (Chambers & Partners Publishing) (Commercial Litigation) (Band 1)
- Listed: Great Plains Super Lawyers (Business Litigation; Securities Litigation; Intellectual Property Litigation)
- Named: Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys, 2017 Local Litigation Star
- Listed: Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys
- Listed: Benchmark Appellate, The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Appeals Litigation Firms & Attorneys
- Delegate, Canada-U.S. Legal Exchange sponsored by the American College of Trial Lawyers, April/September, 2007 (one of fourteen lawyers and judges in the U.S. delegation headed by United States Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr.)
- Past Chair, Nebraska State Bar Association Committee on Judiciary
- Past Chair, Nebraska State Bar Association Committee on Mentoring
- Recipient, Nebraska State Bar Association, George H. Turner Award
- Fellow, Nebraska State Bar Foundation
- Past member, Robert Van Pelt American Inn of Court (Lincoln)
- Past member, Robert M. Spire American Inn of Court (Omaha)
- Capt., Judge Advocate General's Corps, United States Army, and Assistant Professor of Law, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, 1970-1973