Litigation Legal Assistant - Omaha Office
We are seeking a driven, hardworking, tech savvy, highly organized, litigation Legal Assistant to join our team.
This employee will perform a variety of clerical duties and/or complex substantive duties including the following:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of reports, memoranda, and legal documents.
- Receive and transcribe legal dictation and proofread legal documents as required.
- Open and maintain electronic legal files in accordance with firm policy and the legal practices of the specific attorney to whom the assistant is assigned.
- With attorney supervision, prepare and file legal documents with courts and other agencies via runner or electronically.
- Provide case management assistance.
- Assist attorneys with timekeeping and client billing.
- Compose a variety of correspondence and ensure that this correspondence is accurate, informative, and grammatically correct.
- Communicate with others in firm regarding responsibilities, shared case management and/or other support as needed.
- Review, sort, and date stamp incoming mail.
- Ensure the effective delivery of outgoing mail, overnight deliveries, and facsimiles in a well-timed manner.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, depositions, and other meetings.
- Assist in scheduling of seminars, luncheons, and other functions as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-7 years qualified prior experience preferred.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures..
- Ability to skillfully utilize office equipment, software and related application systems including Microsoft office, Adobe Acrobat, Nextpoint, Netdocuments, Data Rooms, and other support applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization; ability to prioritize work and handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision Insurance
Normal work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required as needed to meet the needs of the firm. Some travel may be required. The majority of the hours will be spent in a professional office environment. This position is classified as non-exempt and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Qualified individuals should submit resume to the Human Resource Director, Tony Rager at email@example.com.