Transactional Paralegal - Lincoln Office
We are seeking a driven, hardworking, tech savvy, highly organized, Transactional Paralegal to join our Estate Planning, Employee Benefits and Adoption teams.
Paralegals work under the direction and supervision of a lawyer. Paralegals shall perform specifically delegated substantive work which a lawyer, absent a paralegal, would otherwise perform.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing communication with the client to provide status report of pending matters.
- Maintain checklists, systems and forms to assist in the effective management of the file.
- Prepare initial drafts of correspondence, documents and pleadings for review by the lawyer.
- Perform preliminary legal research.
- Continuous review of Federal, State, and local rules pertaining to the various areas of law.
- Participate in lawyer and client conferences.
- Analyze client documents and files.
- Review, revise and discuss all relevant correspondence, documents and filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree or certificate from an accredited paralegal program.
- 5-7 years prior paralegal experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with, and ability to understand and apply applicable professional rules of ethics and conduct, and knowledge of ABA Rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Assist in the competent and economical delivery of legal services, benefitting both the firm and the client.
- Experience and ability to master various computer software programs.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documents, practices and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and related programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organization; ability to prioritize work and handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solve.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with clients, prospects, referrals, attorneys and other employees in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact.
Normal work hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be required as needed to meet the needs of the firm. Some travel may be required. The majority of the hours will be spent in a professional office environment. This position is classified as non-exempt and is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Qualified individuals should submit resume to the Human Resource Director, Tony Rager at firstname.lastname@example.org.