Our 2020 Ethics Law Forum will look different this year, but we will continue our commitment of providing you with valuable content. This complimentary webinar will be held on Friday, December 11, at 12:00 PM CST. Geared toward in-house legal counsel, this informative webinar will feature litigator and 25 year trial lawyer, Trent Bausch, and technology expert, trial lawyer, and firm general counsel, Rick Jeffries.
Opposing Counsel Really Can Be Friends
Trent Bausch will discuss:
- Section 3-501.7 (a)(2) of the Nebraska Rules of Professional Conduct;
- ABA Standing Committee's Formal Opinion 494;
- Inherent tension between advocacy and collegiality;
- Reflections on the NSBA 50 and 25 year member survey; and
- The case for friendship.
Your Lawyer Wears Bunny Slippers: Questions You Should Ask Your Remote Outside Counsel
Rick Jeffries will discuss:
- How the "remote practice of law" has changed legal ethics;
- How law firms, and the secrets they must keep, may be vulnerable in a socially distanced world; and
- Strategies for managing the risks of remote lawyers and their data.
Continuing education credits for this webinar has been approved by the Nebraska and Iowa CLE Commissions. Colorado CLE application pending.
To register for the Ethics Law Forum webinar CLICK HERE.